Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Smith River Permits out Today!


I DREW A PERMIT!!!


I can't believe it I actually drew the permit. Now I have to see if there is going to be any water in the river in August. This was my second choice I never thought I would draw so now we'll see.

This year, 5,704 people applied for a permit to float the Smith, and 915 received the permit they sought, a 16 percent success rate.

Total applications this year were behind last year’s record of 5,820. Of this year’s applicants, 4,785 were Montana residents; 919 were nonresidents.

To see if you were one of the lucky one's LIKE ME check on the FWP web page: http://fwp.mt.gov/hunting/licensedraw/results.aspx

Beginning March 18, the Smith River reservation line, (406) 454-5861, will be in operation Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to noon. Here you can pick up any cancelled launch dates. You can also use this number if you need to cancel a launch date.

No comments: