Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Response From Senator on SB 314

UPDATE

Here is Senator Wanzenried's response to my inquiry of status of SB 314 Received February 18.

As of this moment, it still has not been scheduled for a hearing, Joe.

Watch for a last minute hearing, rushed testimony, and a favorable vote just prior to the transmittal deadline, when we have a flood of bills.

Please see if you can follow this link:

http://laws.leg.mt.gov/laws09/LAW0203W$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=SB&P_BILL_NO=314&P_BILL_DFT_NO=&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SBJ_DESCR=&P_SBJT_SBJ_CD=&P_LST_NM1=Hollenbaugh%2C+Galen+&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=5479

Respectfully,

Dave Wanzenried




I thought that I would let you all know that your voice does make a difference here is the response I got after emailing all the Senators on the Natural Resources Committee. Thank You! Senator Wanzenried, Senate District #49 Missoula.

Hello, Joe.

Based on my reading of SB 314 and the input I have received to date, which has been overwhelmingly against the bill, I intend to vote against NO.

As you can see from this link, a hearing on the bill has been canceled two times:

http://laws.leg.mt.gov/laws09/LAW0203W$BSRV.ActionQuery?P_BLTP_BILL_TYP_CD=SB&P_BILL_NO=314&P_BILL_DFT_NO=&P_CHPT_NO=&Z_ACTION=Find&P_SBJ_DESCR=&P_SBJT_SBJ_CD=&P_LST_NM1=&P_ENTY_ID_SEQ=

As of this evening, I have no idea as to when it might be re-scheduled.

Please continue to make calls and send e-mails to the members of the Senate Natural Resources Committee, especially the R's.

Please continue to keep in touch with me.

Respectfully,

Dave Wanzenried
Senate District # 49
Missoula

No comments: