Monday, September 29, 2008

Bugling Bulls Part 2

Over the weekend I was out chasing bulls. Action was fast and furious. In two days I saw over 68 head of elk and approximately 15 bulls. The biggest bull I saw was a whopper. I estimated him to have a B&C score of between 330 and 340. This bull had two satellite bulls near his heard that were both six points! I saw these two bulls fighting and the herd bull just sat and watched.


I got up close and personal to this herd bull, 68 yards. I could see his rack just going back and forth over some brush. I needed to close the distance but the wind and an errant cow that came up from behind me ruined that chance. I was close (125 yards) to these elk for approximately 4 hours but just didn't get a shot.

I also saw 13 deer with only one decent 4x4 this is a permit area so it was a no go on the deer. I also saw 2 moose.





No comments: