Monday, October 27, 2008

Elk Opener 2008

Opening day of the general rifle season found me on a new ranch we just picked up. This is a 7,400 ranch that butts up to National Forest and is on the transition from heavy forest to open sage brush. Perfect late season elk habitat. Although I didn't find an elk I wanted to take, I did see an encouraging amount of sign and do believe this is a great late season place to hunt.

A biologist also let me know that since public access is limited in this area that there were a significant amount of elk in the area. He also mentioned that since this ranch lies a transition zone between forest and open sage brush this is great spot for elk after snow is on the ground. We just got some Tuesday night!

Here is a short video of my time on the ranch. If you like what you see check out TRIP ID 188 on SportsmensAccess.com Only members can use the Trip Search feature so Join Today!


No comments: